US Waiver

US Waiver

Applying for a US entry waiver is a complicated and time-consuming process, which is why you should acquire the expertise of professionals. If you have not been allowed entry into the United States for any reason, you will need to find out why and then apply for a US Waiver and submit it to the Department of Homeland Security. The reason of denial can be one or more of these reasons:

  • You have overstayed your welcome in the US (over 6 months in the country without status)
  • You have worked illegally in the United States
  • You have been convicted/charged with a criminal offence in Canada and/or the United States
  • You have been caught at the border with fraudulent documentation, narcotics or other contra ban
  • You have been deported from the United States

What makes the situation confusing for people is that a lot of people have crossed the border for several years before they were denied entry. A border agent may refuse your entry request for a criminal record that dates back to years ago. This can create problems for people who are trying to enter the United States for recreation, family, or work. However, irrespective of why you were refused entry to the United States, a US entry waiver is the only solution.

US waivers can be filed from any country including Canada and they allow people who have been convicted of a criminal offence to legally enter the United States and overcome their inadmissibility to the USA. US Waivers are valid for up to 5 years, after which time they must be renewed. Inadmissibility to the United States can affect your personal freedom and excludes you from trusted traveller programs like NEXUS, the Global Entry Program and the FAST pass.

If you have been denied access to the United States on the grounds of inadmissibility, an entry waiver will help you regain entry. We carefully check your application and ensure that it is correctly filed with the right supporting documents. We processes all of the essential documents necessary for you to obtain your waivers. If you are unsure as to whether you need to apply, call our office and speak to one of our experts at CROSS-CHECKS™.

How to apply

  • Book an appointment with our office for fingerprinting and application submission. (Same-Day appointments are usually available!) 
  • Bring 2 pieces of Canadian photo ID to your appointment (Driver license, Passport, PR card, etc.)


Do you need more information?Talk to our background checks and paralegal specialists!

Contact Us



back to top